Pagina's

zondag 19 augustus 2012

Day 301 - Part 1 - Campfires on a beach made of stones.

So it's burning hot outside and inside isn't much better. I'm dressed in the shortest clothes I could find and still I'm steaming away. I have cute curls though. I never knew my hair could be this curly.
Anyways, my glass is filled with icecubes and it's freezing my teeth off so that's fantastic. ^^
Holidays. I know I've taken ages and left you guys waiting for ages, but I honestly either didn't have a laptop/computer or couldn't be bothered. I'm terrible, I know.
So I went to France for 3 weeks, driving with the caravan, and it was AMAZING. Let me tell you all about it.
After driving the whole day, I got sick. As in puking sick. I can't even remember puking before that. I must have been like six, and even that I'm not sure about. I'm not the puking type.
Anyways, I probably had some sort of flu like my sister had the week before. It kept me up all night and the day after that, making me puke while there was nothing left in my stomach. (That's it for the gross part, sorry guys.)
The next day two girls came over to ask if we had a spare tent. I hadn't really slept in mine yet (I sleep outside the caravan in a little tent) but I was planning on sleeping there that night and we didn't have another one with us. So I said no and the girls went away and then I thought I could just as well let them have the tent for the night. They came by again and took the tent and all happy and stuff. It helped a lot that my parents wouldn't be pushing me to find friends all summer long.
The next day one of the girls came by with her boyfriend and a group of other kids and an icecream for me, and that's basically how I got invited to a campfire and got to know the kids on the campsite. Never knew I was that social. ;)


We had campfires almost every night. The campsite kinda included a beach, and it was all pretty small but reallt great. The spot I was on was about 2 metres away from the beach, so we could just grab a surfboard and jump into the water.
Thursdays there was this cute market in a nearby town, which was really an amazing thing and the market kind of flowed from the main square into town where it covered the next two blocks. I got all this amazing stuff, all kinds of shirts and two pairs of jeans and candy and very cute earrings and more of that stuff.
Also, there was this supermarket with an art supplies store. AN ART SUPPLIES STORE. I could've gotten lost in there if my parents wouldn't have dragged me out time and again. I got an awesome charcoal set, brush pens, beautiful pencils and some tiny erasers. I loved that.
Most of my days were just a blur of windsurfing, talking to people, laughing a lot, going to campfires and sleeping in. In the end, I slept in the caravan for most of the time. My tent was cold and lonely, I didn't really like it.
There's just some days that really jump out. When I teached some boys to surf, for instance. One of them took about half an hour before he could stand up with the sail in his hand and not fall down. The other one surfed away by himself within 15 minutes. It was awesome, because I felt like achieving something other than surfing up and down the beach all by myself.
Also there was the day I got a stone on my head. I actually regret not taking a picture afterwards, I looked like I walked straight out of a horror movie, with streams of dried blood on my face and a bandage on my head.
We were sitting around a campfire and throwing stoned into the fire and someone threw one on my head by accident. I'm glad I had my hoodie on, because who knows how bad it would've been if I didn't. :/
Anyways, I started bleeding like crazy, because that's what happens when there's a headwound. It wasn't really scary, just that I was afraid what would happen if I couldn't stop bleeding. Then one of the girls put her sweatshirt on my head and I felt so guilty because I was getting it full of bloodstains but she was really sweet and insisted on me keeping it on my head. Two guys ran off to find someone with a first-aid kit and withing 10 minutes I was all patched up and dry. Except that there was blood all over me.
So we walked to the bathroom stall with all 8 orso people. That actually was the scariest part of all, because my hand - which was slung around someone's shoulder because I couldn't really stand or walk by myself - was sleeping by the time we were halfway there. It was a 2 minutes walk. By that time I mentally freaked out. I already freaked out physically by crying and screaming at everyone to get help, but by that time I was so scared by the loss of blood I didn't really care about anything else anymore. I couldn't stand up for more than 3 minutes, by myself or with help. I was scared of being so weak really. I must've lost at least 2 litres of blood, maybe more.
I was made to repeat my full name and my birth date and the date of that day over and over again to make sure my brains were all okay. After we washed most of the blood from my face I went to the caravan and to bed, waking up every 2 hours on advice if the girls because if I would've had braindamage I could die.
It was one of those moments where I realized how easy it is to die, and how close I was to dying. Afterwards, it was absolutely terrifying, but at the time it didn't seem all that bad.

All in all, the summer was exactly everything I wanted. I was fixed on getting a boyfriend before going but the moment I arrived I realized it wasn't all that important to have a summer romance, just that I had fun. And I did. I had so much fun, I think I can last another year. ;)
And I got a penfriend out of it. Which is just as great as a summer boyfriend. Or better, because I get to keep her as my friend.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten