Pagina's

woensdag 29 augustus 2012

Day 310 - Part 1 - Lady cum laude

I'm turning into a woman. And I'm not just saying that because I'm a teenager or because my body changes, I notice it in the smallest things. For example, my sister had a friend over, and when she was being picked up, her brother walked around with some candy. My sister's friend demanded he'd share, and when I was younger I would just yell at that girl and tell her not to command her brother. Now I'm just like 'oh, she'll learn' and tell the boy to keep everything to himself, which, honestly, I think is pretty adult. Especially because I used to be the childish person alive.
My god that's all bragging, but what I really mean is that I grew more patient, and I just claim it's me growing up, because I love to be seen as more of an adult than a kid.
School is actually fun. I can't wait for the first test because I just want to show myself I can get high grades and still have fun. See, the thing is, I know I can get those grades. I am smart, and I know that, but I never do a thing. The last three years I barely passed and I kept getting insufficients.
Well meet the new me. I plan on getting no insufficients at all this year, preferably nothing under a 6 (on a scale of 1 to 10). I'm hoping next year I can pass my exams cum laude, that's like my ultimate goal. (I believe it's called Latin honors in English.) That basicly means all I'm allowed to get are 8's or higher. Of course I could try going for summa cum laude, which is only 9's or higher, but then I'd really have no social live left. It would be really awesome though.
And for the first time I know I can make it. Of course I've know I'm smart ever since I skipped a year in school, but I never really believed that it could be fun as well.
You know, getting high grades is like getting presents, only that happy feeling lasts longer.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten